San Diego, CA - Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites
September 11 - 15, 2017
POST Certified Plan III – 40 hours
An interactive 40 hour course that brings together Supervisors and Managers of Narcotic and Specialized Units, and subject matter experts with extensive teaching experience. Through lecture and discussion, participants will learn the latest information in areas that are specific to Pro-Active Units such as Narcotics, Gangs and Specialized Enforcement Units. Presented information will train the students to operate units in a safe and efficient manner while meeting today’s challenges of reduced manpower and budgets, emerging criminal trends and recent court decisions. The information provided in this class is incredibly useful, regardless of agency size or the primary mission of the unit.
Who should attend?
This is an excellent course for the new or seasoned supervisor or manager of a narcotic enforcement unit, or other specialized pro-active unit.
The content of this course is under constant evaluation to ensure that it meets the current needs of those attending and may vary to meet the ever-changing needs of the Narcotic or Specialized Unit Supervisor. Current topics Include:
- Personnel Issues and Ethics
- Informant Management
- Officer Down Issues
- Current Meth Trends & Other Meth Trends
- Human Trafficking and Drugs
- Civil Liability Issues
- Undercover Operations
- Specialized Search Warrants and Brady Issues
- The Rampart Incident - A new 4-hour block that takes the student though the contributing factors to the LAPD Rampart Incident has been added, and will be instructed by an LAPD Captain, assigned to Rampart Division during the incident
Member and Non-Member Price: $365.00
Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites
2303 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92106